If you are a VA business owner then you will know how important it is for your business to grow.
If you do an online search of the word “Consistency”, you will get search results back giving you the definition of it:
Constant behaviour or treatment.
Words that are synonymous with consistency is:
evenness, steadiness, stability, constancy, regularity, uniformity, equilibrium, unity, orderliness, lack of change, lack of deviation; dependability, reliability
We have summarized this to mean: To be regular in your daily efforts (business, marketing or personal).
The three-step plan we advocate all our students are based on the three pillars of growth that we will discuss below.
None of these pillars will work without the other. These three pillars are the support your business needs in order to be successful.
- Create a vision for your business
- Know your services, skills & limitations
- Create a roadmap for your business that will get you from point A to point B
- Make time for your business
- Create a business plan
- Create a marketing plan
- Draw up your plan of action for implementation of the business plan and marketing plan
- Create a financial plan
- Schedule your time correctly
- Block time off for your client work, to work on your business, marketing, networking and personal responsibilities
- Implement the steps you laid out in your plan of action
- Take action daily
Use these three pillars as the foundation for your business and you will see your business grow.
We think you will also enjoy this post: Tools you need to get your VA business started
Above we outlined exactly what you need in order to create the 3 pillars of growth but let’s take a look at how this actually works.
As with life, you need to evaluate your business constantly. Change what doesn’t work but don’t reinvent the wheel. By this we mean, if something is clearly not working, try and approach it from a different angle. You don’t need to throw out your entire marketing plan, you just need to tweak it. You need to focus on implementing good habits and eliminate bad habits that hold you back. Most importantly, never give up. The road to success is not easy but with steady and consistent action, you will get there.
By now you are probably wondering why does consistency matter so much. Consistency is a powerful marketing tool for your business. It is the difference between failure and success and helps with:
- Measurement: It helps you measure what works and what doesn’t. Strategy!
- Accountability and responsibility: By repeating tasks it keeps you responsible and accountable for your actions.
- Reputation: It establishes your reputation in your industry by helping you create a track record.
- Relevant: It makes you relevant by you sending out a regular stream of information to your audience.
- Message: It drives your message home to your audience.
- Trust: It builds trust with your audience by showing them you are reliable and dependable.
What are the areas that you should be consistent in:
- Networking in groups
- Posting on social media
- Being visible
- Sending out regular emails to your list
- Building your list
Marketing your business:
- Social media
- SEO & Google Adwords
- Offline marketing
- Generating Leads
- Following up with hot and cold leads
- With clients
- With colleagues
- With leads
- Quality of work
- Turnaround time
Now that you know what consistency is and how valuable it is to the growing success of your virtual assistant business, take a closer look at your business and identify the areas where you can be more consistent.
Visit our resources library for free video and audio training clips plus download free and paid resources to help you grow your VA business!